Sunday, April 13

Lizard

First during the break between sacrament and sunday school I was outside with my cousin, just chillin outside to stretch my legs. Well there was a lizard. So I just had to catch this lizard because I wanted to hold it and keep it as my own. So he was like 2 feet away from me, trying to blend in with the brick. I knew I had to be fast, so I put my hand over him and GOT HIM! well he squirmed out of my fingers but I was able to keep holding on until he squirmed far enough so I was only holding on his tail and his whole tail came off and he ran away! And his tail kept moving! He ran a few steps away and he was just sitting there so i walked over to him to say sorry and he let me put my finger an inch away from his face so I thought he was dying and didn't want to move...because of his loss and everything. But before I knew it, he bolted away from me, never to be seen again. So I know he is fine...here is a part of an article I read about him:

"Many lizards can cast off their tails at will when threatened or molested. The tail "piece" continues to wiggle (twitch), attracting the attention of prey such as birds or cats, while the lizard flees to safety. This is possible because of a single natural weak point in the vertebrae of the tail and a muscle arrangement at that point designed for separation. The lizard can regenerate a new tail, but it is cartilage and has no bones."

No comments: