When I walk by a line of second graders and hear one of them whisper excitedly: "She's the BEST!"
And then coming in from lunch and finding this note on my desk (typed just as she wrote it):
Dear Mis. Shumway
You are a great teacher the best the kids that get you next year will be really lucky.
You understand every thing, likes, dislikes, reading, Math, and thinking.
You can help any Student in the hole world.
You rock have a good school year.
Love your very happy Student
P.S. I loved eating lunch with you
(I let my kids eat lunch with me when their table wins most points)
Isn't that adorable? I literally felt like warm soft cotton fill my heart.
Tuesday, October 4
Sunday, October 2
8 years old, wise beyond his years.
He met a guy I went on a couple dates with, and I asked him what he thought and if he had any advice. Just to see what he would say. Here's some snippets of a beautiful conversation:
- "He probably really likes you because he asked you out."
- "You should maybe ask him on a date next so he knows you like him."
- "You guys will probably get married next summer."
- "If you want it to work out, don't fight while you are dating. If you fight while you are dating, it probably won't last."
- "If you want to stay married, don't fight for at least the first year. After the first year it's ok."